Monday 8 June 2009

Fruit Juice Diets

Are fruit juice diets just one big myth? Or could it be possible that simple fruit juice shakes can actually help you lose up to 1 pound per day. After trying this diet myself, I will expose the truth behind this kind of diet.

After finding a fruit juice diet on the internet, after some research on what this diet could do to my body, I decided to give it a go. According to the advertisement I could lose up to 4lb per day, but this would level out at 1lb per day. My first thought about this vast amount of weight leaving my body was, could I handle this, and also would the weight be leaving my body where I thought it would be leaving? At this point I realized that I did not have a downstairs toilet. Could I make it upstairs in time?

The fruit drinks were very simple recipes, all I needed was a juicing machine. Simple fruits such as apples, oranges, bananas and strawberries were the main kind of base for lots of the drinks. After spending a couple of days on the basic drinks, I decided to add a few extra special fruits such as cantaloupe, watermelon, carrot and spinach. I have to admit that after a couple of days of taking these drinks I did feel a lot better, not just because it was basically cleaning me out, but because I was getting lots of vitamins and minerals I probably had not been eating for a long time.

My first couple of days on the fruit juice diet were not too bad, I lost a couple of pounds and I also did not have any major body problems, which was good. I also found that I was not snacking on bad foods like chocolate and pastries, mainly because these types of drinks are extremely filling. I was having one first thing in the morning, a small drink at work in the afternoon and then a large glass in the evening. These kinds of special drinks are very easy to make, just a couple of seconds in the fruit juice machine, and they can then be kept in the refrigerator for a couple of days, depending on which fruit you have used.

Fruit juice diets are an excellent way of trying to lose a few pounds, but in the long term I am not sure my body could take the cleansing it was currently getting. It is important to point out that I was also eating a balanced diet when I was drinking these juice shakes. Overall I did lose 10lbs in 14 days, but it was not the massive weight loss I was expecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yahoo! News: Weight Loss News